Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrating Avaya System Manager with Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

wareemba76

Technical User
Sep 14, 2012
AU
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had any success integrating System Manager (6.3) with Radius? We have done so, however the authentication attempt always fails. On the Radius side we do see the login attempt however it has no data as to why it didn't like the credentials. We're finding it very hard to troubleshoot - with no data to look at.

Many thanks, and else I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards

If you are not on 6.3.9 or above let me know I have another few ideas

The PSN004267u says - External Authentication cannot be configured on System Manager 6.3.9 release.

Customer was using an external RADIUS server prior to upgrade to 6.3.9.

Problem Clarification

The PSN says . External Authentication cannot be configured on System Manager 6.3.9 release.

Query - Does that mean previously configured external authentication via RADIUS at an earlier release and upgraded to 6.3.9 GA would break? Or would it still work and the PSN notes mean to say that you only lose the interface to administer external authentication, but that stuff configured previously would still work?

Cause

Consultation

Solution

Tier 4 confirmed that the External Authentication will work after upgrade to 6.3.9. GA release if it was previously configured.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Hi Monty,

Thank you for your time !!

We are on 6.3.11.

I take that PSU to mean it would have worked until you installed 6.3.9, then you would have to isntalled SP1 to fix external authentication :) - I think.

I might have an update tomorrow after chatting with a contact. Shall let you know.

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back