Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrated Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamal Arnous

Technical User
Aug 19, 2020
KW
I have Avaya Aura V8 , I have H323 and SIP users

I need to make search through integrated Directory to reach registered users and call them

How can I enable or activate this feature and add it for both H323 and SIP users

thanks

you can add a directory to H323 phones.

Sip 7.1.10 supports searching through LDAP

Can you tell me how to add it

what about the ldap ? I have AADS v8 but I can't find the option to add application directory there

Can you guide me please to do it ? thank you

on h323 you add a directory key to the phone
on sip, you set the LDAP parameters in the 46xxsettings file

But make sure your phones are 96x1 on 7.1.10 first.

Read release notes

on sip I need to se ldap parameters only in the 46xxxsetting file or there is something to do from utility server as well

can you please tell me which parameters exactly I have to change in 46xxsetting file

I have jseries sip phones and some vintage phones

Kindly give me in detail if possible as this is my first installation in avaya

get ix workplace, connect as a sip softphone, guess and test the ldap parameters until you get it working on that. at least you wont have to wait for a hardphone to reboot to try a few things.

If your ldap listens on port 389, you can wireshark to see what's happening from your windows PC and might get some insight to the error messages.

Once you can LDAP search from your softphone, you'll know what the settings need to be in the 46xxsettings file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back