Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrated Conference Bridge Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHANDL

Technical User
Dec 11, 2012
US
I cam in this morning and both of our ICB cards were down. I was able to get one of them up by disabling and reseating it. The second card had to be replaced with a spare, when I put in the new card it appears to come up and the red light clears when I enable it but I am unable to connect to the card via the web browser and none of the dial in numbers are working for it. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions or possible steps I skipped when I put in the replacement card?

Thanks in advance.

The assumption here is...when you replaced the card, you access the new card and programmed/configured it to be like the card you just replaced? If not, then you still have that to perform.

That is what it is then, I have not configured it. The only issue is we do not have a laptop to serial in, I have borrowed one from our network guys but cannot figure out how to access the card to configure it via the laptop serial connection. Do I need special software or should I be able to connect to it via internet explorer?

It seems I cannot do anything through putty, it allows me to connect but i cannot enter any commands. I set the interface parameters as stated in the service manual but still nothing.

initial access is via CLI via the serial interface to set the IP parameters...- use dumb term/procom/hyperterm - anything that can emulate a vt100, 9600 8-n-1.

once that is set then you can access the card via a web brower using address you set

I am connecting to it using our terminal now. I set up the connection for vt100 9600 baud data bits 8 stop bit 1 no parity and no flow control it allows me to type but there is no response. I am entering the keycode like the implementation guide says but I get no response.

Alright, it is working again. It was user error, I forgot to transfer the security device from the old card. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back