Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrate MSExcel2003 with PCDOCS 3.7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadjnoor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2006
MC
Hello all,

Could some one give me help?

The follow problem it happen for me, when I change the operating system and MS Office from (Win2000 and Office2000) to WinXP SP2 and MS Office 2003 for client machines.
The link MS Office (Word2003,Excel2003..) not working I lose them from PCDOCS 3.7.1 Application, When you click on Word or Excel Link no think happened.

Any one has solution to create a link between PCDOCS application and Office2003 (Word, Excel….) or how to integrate office in PCDOCS

Thanks for your help

If you're using the Hummingbird macros to integrate Office applications, you'll need to get new ones for Office 2003. As far as I know, the only way to get these files is to install DOCS Open 4.0, which will copy DOCSWord2003.dot and DOCSXL2003.xla to your hard drive.

I have successfully tested these with DOCS Open 3.9.6, so it's worth a try with 3.7.1.

Good luck!

We used the DOCSOpen 4.0 macros but we had to change the Excel macro file to the old name - docsxlxp.xla as it is referenced in the lanuch method for Excel.

However, we found one problem with DOCSWORD2003.dot file for Microsoft Word 2003. When you close Word, it saves to normal.dot twice. It is really annoying to users and slow down the saving process. We are reporting this to Hummingbird (OPENText). Does anyone out there have this porblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back