Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integrate CrystalReports 10 in AS400 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdafni

MIS
Jan 18, 2005
CY
Hi all,

I want to integrate Crystal Reports 10 in IBM's AS400, more specific, to be able to run a report I created in crystal from within AS400 client acccess session and view/print the results. Does anyone know how I can achieve this or if it's feasible?

Thanks for the help

Hi,

Using the AS400 and Crystal Reports - this cannot be done unless you purchase either the RAS or Crystal Enterprise.

Cheers,

paulmarr

Stating that you want to integrate it is vague, are the clients Windows? Is this ad hoc or viewing canned reports, both?

There are numerous 3rd party Windows based viewers that you might use, or if you have the dev or above version, you might write your own for Windows.

-k

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I currently use Crystal Reports 10 Professional Ed. So if I get Enterprise Ed. I will be able to view and print my reports from AS400. I will try it out.

Thanks

I assume you want to write a report that uses DB2/400 as the data source?

This can be done. (I do it all the time)

You'll need IBM Client Access express to create a ODBC connection to the library on the AS400.
Then CR can add tables to the report.
There is a brief list of steps on this post.

Cheers
Fred

If you're running XP, you'll have to opt for an older version of clint access (I believe 3.7 or older). For some reason the newer releases of Client Access will not work with Crystal in XP.

Another way is to write a query in the AS/400 query tool, throw a text file out to QDLS, and open it with Access or Excel. You can write Access or vb code to import files from the AS400 to an Access table (replace or append) for reporting with Crystal. You can also transfer the files from the AS/400 using Arpeggio.
HTH

The world is full of good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back