Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

integrate corporate product key 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremybarker

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
I want to integrate my corporate product key into a bootable cd. I've got SP 1 slipstreamed, just trying to make life easier. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA

jeremybarker-

See the following link for setting up an answer file for an unattended installation. I believe instead of using a floppy disk for the answer file you can copy the answer file to your bootable CD. I too have slipstreamed SP1 into XP Pro and want to try to integrate my corporate Product key as well. This is one way to do it. I have not tried it yet so let me know if it works as simply as the link implies.

serhino320

OK here are some links that can help you with your product Code problem.

this site has a really nice program that helps you gather up all the information you will need to burn an installation disk and automaticlly takes out the product code.

Here is another link. .
This site will show how to take the product code out of the setup files manually. You have to change some numbers in a sys file.

Good Luck
spool

serhino320

Thanks, worked like a charm. Was looking for a command like used in office "/a" to make an admin install point.

Preciate the time, heres your star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back