Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INTEGRATE ACCPAC ADVANTAGE WITH A DOS PROGRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2003
Hi!

I would like to know if anybody could help me out in creating a macro that:

1. Exports the orders from Accpac Advantage series Order Entry that have been entered or modified during the day into a CSV file.

This file will get imported into my DOS application and I will process the ship quantities and the ship dates here. I will then export out a CSV file from the DOS application.

2. Imports this file into order entry. For each order, I need to update the ship quantity and dates. Finally invoice the order.

Hope that someone replies.

Thank you,

Carlos Melgar

I would start by recording a macro. This will get you the basic code with the views and fields that you need. Fetch the records that you need.

Then you can organize the field values into the CSV format and write them to a file.

To import you would basically reverse the process and update the OE records.

Take Care,

zemp

"Show me someone with both feet on the ground and I will show you someone who can't put their pants on."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back