Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Int13 Test on HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elena

Technical User
Oct 20, 2000
US
Does anyone know of a good program to test Int13h extensions on an HDD? I know it's ancient, but I need a test for compatibility reasons.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Elena

Interrupt 13 is hardly ancient. For a small discussion on Interrupt 13, see thread272-69120.

Modern operating systems will reject almost anything they don't allow... for instance, WinNT will show a popup warning if you attempt to use Interrupt 13, function 02h (read sector) or function 03h (write sector).

"An attempt was made to access the disk directly. This cannot be allowed." It would be hard to *test* these functions on NTFS without forcing an intercession from the OS.

Are the interrupt extensions BIOS dependent?
VCA.gif

Alt255@Vorpalcom.Intranets.com​

Alt255,

Thanks for the info. I'm just looking for a simple DOS test that can run all the Int13 commands and BIOS extensions to make sure that the HDD responds correctly.

Thanks,
Elena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back