Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insurance Policy Submissions Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottcabral1979

Programmer
Mar 16, 2012
US
Hi,

I would like to build a fact table that tracks homeowner's insurance policy submissions. This table would measure policies that were quoted and/or issued.

The source data is stored by policy with a Quote Date and an Issue Date and a policy_status field. Every policy would have a quote date and if the policy was issued, it would have an issue date. Quoted policies that have not been issued have a policy_status field of 'quote'. Issued policies have a policy_status field of 'Issued'.

Dimensions would be State, Agent, Territory, Quote Date, Issue Date, etc...

I'm looking for some suggestions on the best way to store the data in a fact table. Should I just store a count of each quote and a count of each issued by date? I basically just need to get the numbers of quotes and the number of issues by any one of the dimensions.

thanks
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back