Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insufficient Memory VFP V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPGalea

Programmer
Apr 19, 2009
US
I have seen posts regarding this message at startup. When I click on links in the posts to read the articles I end up in Microsoft, but get a page no longer exists type message. I've also read that this will happen if you are running on a 'fast' cpu and that VPF V3 comes up with the wrong calculation and issues this message.
Did MS actually not fix this other than to say - Upgrade?
Does anyone have any additional info or fix?
Regards, Joe

The famous fix is for 2.6, AFAIK, not for V3.

There once was a patched foxw2600.esl MS provided, I don't own it and it won't help you for V3, obviously.

Maybe someone with more legacy experience can help you here, but the only other faint memory I have is changing some boot entry to limit available RAM, this won't fix "too fast CPU" problems.

Bye, Olaf.

Joe, is there any reason that you haven't upgraded to a more recent version of VFP? There were very many weaknesses, deficiencies and bugs in 3.0, and it's not surprising if you are having problems. If nothing else, moving to a more recent version (and preferably the current version) means that you will get better support, if only because information about the old versions are fading from our memories.

I'm sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question, and you might well have a good reason for staying where you are.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

While I wholeheartedly agree that you should update to VFP9, until then you might want to look at the FAQ's regarding VFP's use of Memory.

VFP Memory Management - SetProcessWorkingSetSize by dagair
faq184-7597​
Here it is stated that:​
I had difficulties with report output causing 'insufficient memory' errors and this solved the problem.

Also:
How to speed-up your VFP Application? by agit72
faq184-3504​

These may or may not improve your operation, but in general they can't hurt.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back