Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insufficent error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

enviroman50

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
I'm, running Win98SE on a P-111 450 MHZ with 192 meg ram. When I try to update my virus definition files in Norton I get an insufficent error message and the update stops short of completing. I've checked my system resources an it shows 75% free. Any ideas?

What version of Norton and what's the exact error say?

Insufficient error? That sounds pretty good to me, so what's the problem? Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Insufficient Memory? Short Term: Try rebooting your computer.
Long Term: Download a memory management program like RamIdle.

Ramidle will use more memory that it saves. I am assuming you have at least 2 memory chips in your PC (probably 128mb and a 64mb). Have you upgraded your memory recently? If I am correct it is possible that you may have a bad memory chip. Try taking one of the chips out and see what happens.

Ramidle will use more memory that it saves. I am assuming you have at least 2 memory chips in your PC (probably 128mb and a 64mb). Have you upgraded your memory recently? If I am correct it is possible that you may have a bad memory chip. Try taking one of the chips out and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back