Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Instructor led training classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
Does Mitel do any instructor led training? I see some CBT options, but prefer classroom training. More opportunities to discuss real-life programming scenarios with the instructor, networking with classmates, etc. I also see some free online modules, but they seem super general, (and expensive for a 16 hour online module.

Does Mitel offer in-person training or are there third party trainers (Like Global Knowledge for Nortel)? I'm currently searching GK site right now.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

From experience the leader led courses are normally only on new and update courses
- most of the participants are inexperienced in the product being taught(hence the course).
- Quite often they may also be your direct competitors (so might not feel the urge to help you gain knowledge)

to be honest we tend to post questions here for advise on programming and networking .
Don't always get a response but there are lots of experienced people here providing help.

Best method of asking is to provide as much detail as possible - always list platform types and software versions in first post .

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

If you have an LMS (MyAbsorb) account, you should be able to see the leader-led courses. (remote and classroom)

BR

Not even sure what that is. I'm assuming it's similar to one we do have, Pluralsight, which has no options for Mitel products.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

MyAbsorb is Mitel's own LMS. Are you a Mitel User Group member? That gives you access to MiAccess, which is the extranet site that lets you in. Then you'd sign up for the course through Mitel's training department. If you're an end customer you probably have some training credits available, check with your support partner. You'd want to take some of the system administration training, which I believe is only self-study and not instructor led.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back