Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

instlcf.sh command not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 5, 2004
GB
Hi All,

I am experiencing a problem using this command. I am trying to remotely install an endpoint.

The script I am trying to use consists of:

n.txt: Which lists ‘n’ so there is no user input needed.

new-inst-ep-list.txt: which has the name of the workstation and the username and password of a account which has domain admin rights.

Lcfhost.eer: the error log

And instlcf.sh: which is below:

#!/bin/sh

winstlcf -d C:\progra~1\\Tivoli\\lcf -f ./new-inst-ep-list.txt -g 10.111.0.127+9494 -N <Endpoint name> -l 9495 -Y < n.txt

It seems to go through halfway and then bounces out with an error. This is what is displayed:

Trying <Workstation name>

All target endpoints must be Windows NT w32-ix86 machines…

LCF Install failed for the following machines:(see lcfhost.eer)

<workstation name>

I look in the error log and the workstation name is the only thin displayed.

Can anyone please help, it will be much appreciated.

Hi,
you need some additional software on windows boxes before you can use the winstlcf IMHO.

you have to create a tivoli account and a user and use the wlcftab command to give this user admin rights on the w32 boxes.

Here i made an image which is installed on the windows boxes after the os installation.

CU

The -N option here refers to a proxy endpoint when using the winstlcf command to install to windows type boxes. This windows endpoint must be installed locally (using setup.exe) and then it can become the proxy endpoint. Look at the lcfd.log file from the Windows proxy endpoint for more error messages pertaining to installing the new endpoint. The new endpoint code is actually sent from the proxy endpoint to the new endpoint.
Regards,
-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back