Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

? INSTEAD OF A £

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenniferlynn

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
GB
Hello,
I support a Visual Basic application which is a quotation software. I have one user who when trying to produce quotes in the software, instead of a £ sign he has a ?. On certain quotation products, after entering amounts and using Tab to go to the next amount, the previous amount disappears, so therefore he is not able to quote.

He is using Windows XP and every setting that I can think to check on the PC is set correctly.

He was using a russian/english keyboard and we even changed this to use the original keyboard that came with the PC. We have re-installed the software countless times!

I can't think of anything that causes this and have never come across this before!

Does anyone have any ideas whatsoever over what this may be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Jen

Just a thought but I presume you altered the keyboards input locale when you changed the keyboard? If not you can reset this back to UK english from the keyboard section in the control panel.

Asjeff

Instead of relying on the correct keyboard/mapping, how about creating hotkeys or buttons on the form, where if the user wants one of your special characters, he hits the button or hotkey, your VB form then adds the desired character at the current location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back