Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Instant web publishing could not be started

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweenerz

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hi All,

This is my first post in a long time. Prior to this, I have done my due diligence and research earlier posts regarding this same topic as other frustrated developers have been in this situation.

I recently started up a brand spanking new mac mini (w/o rosetta) and installed fmp 8. I have one database that I am trying to publish online via IWP and it tells me that "Instant web publishing could not be started". I havent done anything else other than start up the mac, install fmp and try to publish it online.

Is there something else I am suppose to do before attempting to turn on Instant Web Publishing?

I have tried the following as a result of the previous forum posts:

1. Turn on network sharing.
2. make sure the fmp user had "access via instant web publishing" checked in the extended privileges.

One more thing. I also have Filemaker Server Advanced 8.0v4 in addition to Filemaker Pro Advanced 8.5. I tried with both running or just one running and neither worked.

I have read somewhere that aluded to the fact that you have to have another web server running since v7 but I dont know if that is true.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry, no Mac at this side.

And I don't want to start with possible Win solutions.

I hope another Mac member will jump in for you.

OK. I figured it out. I finally read somewhere that you cant use IWP on Filemaker Pro if you have Filemaker Server Advanced installed on the same machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back