Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Instant Messenger with Exchange 2003??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacasa

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
US
From the knowledge base on Microsoft I read that with Windows Messenger 5.1 you can IM using Exchange 2003, but other search results say not.

Can you IM with Exchange 2003?

If not and I get Live Messenger Server, is it okay to run it on my Exchange 2003 box?

I am trying to stop the use of Yahoo Messenger, due to security issues and just have an internal IM for my 35 clients on a Windows 2003 domain.

We are a non-profit. Can anyone recommend an internal IM software solution?

Thanks.

MS Live Communications server should be pretty cheap for you but there are lots of free IM Servers as well.

Not familiar with and of the Free ones but Live Comms server is good and if your Exchange server is of a good spec the two will co-exist - although it's not best practice to do it this way.

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back