Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Instant Messaging virus www53best.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim318

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
US
Hello,

I am getting a lot of gibberish whenever I use MSN or Yahoo followed by the link I have tried multiple spyware and anti-virus software to rectify the problem, however, nothing seems to work.

Could someone please direct me on how I maybe able to remove this virus/spyware problem.

Thanks in Advance,
Jim

Hi Jim --

Can you clarify which software you've used in an attempt to resolve this problem so that we have an idea of what you've done already? Please also identify what (if anything) they detected and removed - I'm assuming you're running XP with system restore disabled for any removals.
Please also check faq760-4866 as a starting point.

HTH

TazUk

[pc] Blue-screening PCs since 1998

I have used adaware, spybot AVG and Symantec Antivirus all with the latest updates. I am running Win XP as well with System Restore off.

I have gotten clean results on everything. The spy-removal tools always catch something but it is normally a cooky or a temp file.

Thanks,
Jim

A couple of thoughts at the moment:

1. Try an online virus scan using Trend Micro or BitDefender (my current favourite).

2. Download the latest HijackThis, run a scan and analyse the resulting log file here:
A quick search on this problem reveals that you are not alone in suffering, however I've yet to find any cast-iron solutions. Please keep us posted.

HTH

TazUk

[pc] Blue-screening PCs since 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back