Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Instant Export to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krullms

MIS
Aug 5, 2005
US
Hello,
Quick question...

I was wondering if there is a way to instantly go to the save as screen to export a report to excel? Instead of opening the report the doing file - export - ....

Thanks for the help!
Mike

In the database window, I just selected a report and chose FILE-EXPORT from the menu. I didn't open the report first. Have you tried it? Maybe I just don't understand what you are talking about?

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Thanks for taking the time to read my question. I found something that worked. the OutputTo command, works perfect to export the report/query/... right away

Example:
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptContactCatEmail", acFormatXLS, , True

This command exports the report rptContactCatEmail as an excel file and after its exported the true part of the statement opens the xcel file after it is exported.

Yes that was my first reply, but after re-reading your note it seemed you wanted to use a menu item, so I changed my response. Glad you found a solution!

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back