Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InstallShield with Delphi 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtheis

Technical User
Sep 9, 2004
US
Can anyone point me in the right direction for some help with the InstallShield software that came with Delphi 7? I'm having a problem where InstallShield worked great under a previous user's login, but now, on the same machine and a different login, it doesn't work. Every time I try to build an install CD, IS starts looking for Visual Studio .NET but doesn't find it. The problem is that Visual Studio is installed on this computer. I would go back to using the old login but it has been deleted.

If there's another forum better suited to this question, please let me know. I've tried other forums (not on Tek-Tips) but they don't seem to be read or replied to very often.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Joe

Alternativly, look at using Inno Setup, its free and works just as well (perhaps better).

Steve
Time for a new sig a bit of DNA I think will scan books and get back to you.

DNA, as in mr. Adams author of one of my favorite books the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe?

[bobafett] BobbaFet [bobafett]

Everyone has a right to my opinion.
E-mail me at caswegkamp@hotmail.com
Great Delphi Websites faq102-5352

Hi Bobbafet
Yes thats the man. Excellent stuff.

Steve
Time for a new sig a bit of DNA I think will scan books and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back