Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InstallShield look 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrano

Technical User
Jan 24, 2001
AU
I see a lot of people saying to use the Package and Deployment wizard for their projects and I was wondering if it was at all possible to get the setup to look more like the way InstallShield creates its setup programs, don't get me wrong the Package and Deployment wizard does the job but I don't really like the look of how it creates it's setups. Any advice on this I would greatly appreciate. Thanx in advance

You can get a different setup program creator but you have find the dependencies your self and register the dll's you but there are setup creators out there it just depends on how much work you want to do.

Randy

I think the look of a setup program made with PDW is changable in ..\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\setup1\setup1.vbp
I would suggest making a backup of the entire setup1 directory and the mess arround with the forms in this project.

Is it possible to customise the Package and Deployment wizard for VB at all?

Thanx I'll have a look at that project now

You can download a free installer called InnoSetup from the link below. From what I read about it, a programmer in VB wanted a more custom way to install his software and after he came up with it, he gives it away for people like us as opposed to selling it. What a guy. Why not give it a try and see what you think of it. I haven't used it yet, I'm still too green.

Rob
Just my $.02.

Thanks Rtshort
Randy
smiletiniest.gif

You can Email me at: RCooper@cinci.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back