Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installshield BDE Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipe26

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
PT
Hi i have a program in BDE/Access and when i try to test with developer 8 gives me the following error message:unable to merge new configuration,use bde administrator to merge your new configuration.

And what happended when you used the BDE Administrator to merge your new configuration?

The BDE Administrator is program BDEAdmin.exe which would have been put on your hard disk when you installed Delphi.

You don't say which version of Delphi you are using so I can't tell you whereabouts it will be.

Andrew

BDE 5.1 with delphi7 Enterprise.It seems that the developer cant merge automatically the bde configuration.

Welcome to the Borland BDE. :)

Perhaps you should visit my thread102-539904.

It seems you may have an alias problem. Bearing in mind that installing the BDE on your target machine does not install any Alias which may be relevant (and installed) on your system..

Leaving your user with a surprise when his system is run for the first time.

You have to tramp over to your user and use the BDE Administrator (should be on your system) to do it manually.

Visit Start->Programs->Borland Delphi6->BDE Administrator ..

If you are using W2K and Delphi6. If you are using some other verson of Windoes and Delphi 7 it shouldn't be that difficult to find. Using "Search".

Unless you do what I am trying to do in above thread.

It seems that if i click in run button and not test the program is installed but when i run the program tells me invalid parameter and i think that is something woth the ODBC DSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back