Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing x86 printer drivers on a 64 bit 2008 r2 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCalAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2006
US
I am trying to create a printer queue on a Windows 2008 64 bit R2 server for an old HP LaserJet 4000. I am unable to use the HP drive for the 4000 printer. I was able to get a valid queue set up on the server by using a laserjet 4200 driver, but when trying to apply a second driver the system is erroring stating that the driver is not compatble with the system. We are able to print to this queue from Windows 7 workstations, but not XP. I have also tried going to the XP workstation and when attaching to the queue attempted to install the laserjet 4000 (also tried the 4200 driver) and install the driver from there. We have also tried Universal drivers. Nothing is seems to get me past this.

I have since reverted to an old 32 bit Windows 2003 server and have successfully created the queue and am able to print from XP and W7 machines.

Thanks in advance

Tom

answered our own question and issue

resolution is actaully simple. We used a Universal driver. The x64 and x86 driver version must match!

Thanks

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back