Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Windows 2000 on Western Digital Hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrive

Programmer
Oct 14, 2007
MY
When using a Western Digital (WD) hard drive I have to format it with its own program (they require it) before installing windows 2000 pro (W2P). I am supose to use a boot disk frome the operating system I am planning to install, but W2P uses four different boot disks and none of them work. why? What can I do?

When I try installing windows 2000 pro I receive an error saying "cannot create folder wnnit". What is my problem?

The 4 boot disks need to be used in series. If they do not work you ca nboot from a Win98 boot disk and on the CD go to the /i386 folder then type winnt.exe to begin the setup process. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back