Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Win2000 Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2002
BE
Hello,

I am installing Win 200 Pro on notebooks. These notebooks and users belong to a domain. Whenever I install applications under the users name and login to that domain, I am gettiong an error message saying that that user doesn't have priviliges to install applications. WithWin 98 that was not a problem. How can I prevent this, because I want the user to be able to install applications, adapt, add networksettings etc... and not Administrators of the Domain or Workstation ? Any ideas ?

Regards,

Chris

Here is what I did in that situation:

Login as Admin on your main image (or the individual workstations if you have a smaller user base), and run gpedit.msc

Modiy the Power User or Everyone accounts to reflect the changes you want. This way you can create your own standard profile for your users tailored exactly for your companies needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back