Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing VS.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig0201

Technical User
Oct 11, 2000
GB
Hi......

I'm trying to install VS.Net and the install is starting but then asks for the VS.Net English Language disk. Considering i've got a full install on DVD, what's it asking for?

Any help much appreciated!!

Craig

Hi

I have the same problem. Did anyone ever respond or did you find a solution?

I tried to install on my notebook and got the same problem as you. It does not give you to ability to browse to anywhere. Only option is to Cancel which rolls back the whole installation.

I also tried installaing on another machine which had very little Windows2000 stuff on it, but with only partial success. The installation completed but with errors and on trying to use VB.net, it gives problems.

I want to get to grips with Web services and just can't get up and running.

Peter,

I solved it by getting the beta on CD-Rom instead.

Sorry if that's no help.

Craig

I have a different issue. I'm installing the VS.Net RTM and near the end I get an "Error 25003" and then the setup fails. It's being installed on a laptop running XP Pro.
Any ideas?

Hiram

Thanks for that Craig

I've ended up getting an MSDN subscription.

Peter

Hiram

I have not come across your problem.

Hiram -

I haven't seen that error either, sorry.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back