Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing/Using Citrix and MSSQL 2000 Server on the same server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrogers

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
GB
I was wondering if anyone has experience of using Citrix to access a Windows2000 Server that is running MSSQL Server 2000.

It is our company policy to install Citrix on all Win2K servers that we install, mainly to facilitate remote access. Onto such a server I intended to install MSSQL Server 2000. I know that Enterprise Manager allows me to stop and start the MSSQL Server but it does not give me full access to the underlying PC/Server.

My questions at the moment are very general.

1) Does anyone use this setup?
2) If so, are they any known compatibility issues

Regards

Mark Rogers

Seems like major overkill to me. Why don't they just use terminal server which has as much smaller footprint. My major concern would be memory allocation. Both citrix and sql server want / need lots of ram.

BTW I have about 10 servers setup with SQL server and terminal server that combination works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back