Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing TS CAL for 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfgu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2001
US
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I try to install TS CAL licenses on my Citrix server, it doesn't work. Are there specific steps I should take to install the CAL?

Thanks.

citrix is completely seperate from Win2000 terminal services, it is an application that works on TOP of terminal services

terminal services licensing is where you do it for win2000

Yes.. I know that.. But you still need CAL to use citrix if you have win 9x and nt users logging in because you need ts licensing.. but my problem is, I just purchased a 5 CAL for TS, and it just came with the key.. but i dont know how to install it because i've never done it before..
any ideas?

THanks.

if this is your first server you must installing terminal server licensing. then you must activate the server by calling microsoft. You must give them the key and the will issue you a key to input into the licensing manager.

Nick

I did all that part already.. i've already registered my server with microsoft.. XP profession and 2000 professionals are able to login fine since they have CAL's built into their O/S.. but win 9x and nt users cannot login and i have to install CAL on my server to distribute to them i believe.. I bought the CAL, but just dont know how to install them...

Ok.

Open terminal services licensing in administrative tools. then choose install licenses. then enter the code.
Nick

I tried that.. but then it says that there is an error and cannot install it.. I'm going to call MS on that..

A terminal server license server in a W2K domain is normally a domain controller. there is a registry hack to put it on a different server, if you search at MS you will find it. I suggest putting it on a DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back