Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing to multiple profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatmiser

Technical User
Jun 30, 2000
US
I need to figure out how I can install packages to several different profiles without having to have the programs run with every user that logs on.&nbsp;&nbsp;I really need some help with this if anyone can help.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Jeff

A collection needs to be created containing all the users you want to install to.&nbsp;&nbsp;One way to do this (I prefer this way) is to create a query to look for<br><br>Query Properties Screen<br>-Object Type = User Resource<br><br>Query Statement Properties - General<br>-User Resource - All Attributes<br>-Criteria - <br>User Resource, User Name is equal to &quot;user1&quot;<br>or<br>User Resource, User Name is equal to &quot;user2&quot;<br><br>etc....<br><br>Once you have the query, create the collection based off of this query.&nbsp;&nbsp;(Test the query before so you know it works.)<br>Once you have the collection, advertise your programs to the collection that contains the names of users that need them.<br><br>Good luck!<br>Let us know if this worked out for you. <p> <br><a href=mailto: anongod@hotmail.com> anongod@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back