Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing TCPIP at Server Set Up progess bar freezes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicka

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
GB
Good afternoon all.

I am currently installing NT Server 4.0 on a Compaq Proliant ML530 twin Xeon 866 1 GB RAM with twin Compaq 3123 NIC's with 4 x 36.4 gb Ultra 3 SCSI HDD's

all is well until the part of set up where you have chosen protocols (TCPIP only here) and have installed the drivers for the NIC's. When setup asks to copy "telnet" from NT Server 4.0 media I ensure the CDROM disk is inserted and browse to telnet in the i386 folder and select it and hit ok. A progress bar should now move from left to right indicating the progress of the file copy but the bar gets about a quarter of the way accross and stops. I have tried a number of times. If i eject the disk NT 4.0 setup displays an error and asks for the disk again (so from that its fair to say that the set up has not crashed).

On the previous step setup asks for the driver disks for the installed NIC's which I have provided (latest from Compaq/HP) - it does however mention a reboot requirement but doesnt force it, instead moving on to the next stage of setup.

Im stuck in a loop here - Im going to try taking the second NIC out to see if that is what is causing the problem as the protocol may be having trouble binding accross the as yet unestablished NIC team.

anyone have any pointers

Many thanks

Magicka

I have had this problem on occasion - one way around the problem is to install the MS loopback adapter continue on with the instalation. Once setup completes you can then add the nics with out any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back