Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing tcm 8 help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucealmighty

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
I'm an Avaya guy installing first Nortel part. Customer has Compact ICS with 6 lines 16 phones I believe, after hopefully correct research we need to add a TCM 8 in the small/slim slot, right?
Question is can I just power off, install , power on and cross connect new phones and we're good to go? Or is there software and laptop/control unit connection needed along with programming?
If so what software, how to connect, ect..
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Google's not being nice on this one ;)

Thanks for the reply!
Next question, how to I go to Maintenance/system version? I have never connected to a nortel system yet, whats involved?

Then it would be simpler to power down pull card out and get the info off of the card. Then x reference using chart.

Programing is done via the set in most cases or via software and a RAD.

Feature **CONFIG to access, you will need the password or default password.

4 buttons come into play, 3 light up right away:

Heading---------Show
Back------------Next

Press next until you see main, press Show, under Version press Show again

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

There will be some programming involved I'm sure as far as the new sets go. Do you plan on just doing set copies? I know you said that you never did any Nortel work before. If I didn't work on Nortel's I wouldn't feel comfortable turning one off and on like that without a back-up. If it's a older KSU it could come back up default.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

Don't be surprised when you see a gap of 18 in the DN numbers of the new card. This is caused by the B2 DN's of the original 16 plus the IRAD and IATA.

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back