Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Symantec Antivirus 8 on Windows 2000/SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

purp1234

MIS
Jan 27, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have been experiencing issues when installing Symantec's Enterprise Edition 8 on a Windows 2000 Sp3 server. I dont have any problems with SP2 installed, but with SP3 the installation fails.

1/ I run \rollout\avserver\setup.exe
2/ I go through the usual install processes putting the machine in a valid working symantec group
3/ The Setup process starts the installation - copies all the files and gets to updating registry at 50% and then aborts the install.
4/ Error message simply says "Remote setup failed, install was rolled back".

However, if I downgrade to SP2 it works fine. I've been looking on Symantec's website now for about 2-3 days and I have not been able to find anything that points to the problem.

Many thanks,
Si.

HI.

Check if the "Remote Registry" service is running on the server, as well as administrative shares - C$, ADMIN$ etc...
Look for other services also, and of course check the server Event Viewer for hints.

Are you running the setup from the server console itself or from another workstation or server?

Bye

Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back