Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing SQL 2005 on Vista 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeLoon

Programmer
Dec 12, 2002
US
I am installing SQL 2005 (64)on my new machine and I have 2 issues I hope someone can help with:

1 The installation cannot see the IIS so I can't install reporting services.

2 When the installation is complete, I don't have a management studio or the Business Intelligence studio.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

I reran the setup and got the Business Intelligence to come up and am installing sp2. I will post the results

Mike,

I can't shed any light on this myself, but try looking in the "Microsoft SQL Server: Setup and Administration" forum. You might get your answer there.

Follow-up:
At the end of the sp2 install there is an applet that runs to give admin rights on SQL. Apparently, when you install SQL 2005 on Vista, they don't grant admin rights to the win account of the dbo.
Also, I found out, I have to upgrade from the home elete or what ever I have to get admin rights to my local IIS so I can run SSRS. That is a closely guarded secret, so don't tell anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back