Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing sendmail on Sun 5.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stairwick

Technical User
Apr 7, 2005
US
I'm trying to install sendmail on Sun 5.8 (don't know much about Sun). I downloaded the lastest sendmail from sendmail.org (sendmail.8.13.4). I've read through all the readme files and tried to follow the directions but since it's all greek to me I'm not doing any of it correctly. Is there and EASY way to do this or am I going to have to spend the next year of my life trying to figure it out!! I've done it on AIX (it's a lot easier, no 'build' or 'makefile' commands). I've read old posts from this forum and tried to google for help but can't find anything that makes it simple. As you can tell, I'm pretty frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

have you checked faq60-4611 How do I send email from a Sun System (use mailx)?

I do not think you run make or anything anymore with Sendmail on Solaris. There should be a script called build or something? I just compiled it about a month ago on of our servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back