Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing scripts on Windows 2000 SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

perlcoder

Programmer
Jul 1, 2001
US
using WSFTP for upload. Uploading .pl files using ASCII ONLY. I am trying to run Matt's script FormMail on Secure Socket Layer of windows 2000 server.

the directions for upload that I got from my hosting company say I must put my FormMail.pl in my secure file that they have provided on my root directory and call the script using the following:

you MUST use the
following URL as the ACTION of your form:
https://[secureserver].com/cgi-yourdomain/FormMail.pl

the correct path would then be:

when I put this path in the Action of my form as below

<FORM METHOD=&quot;POST&quot; ACTION=&quot;
I get page cannot be displayed.

My question is #1 Is it possible to set up CGI Scripts on a Windows 2000 server?? If so what do I have to find out from my hosting company to be able to do it?

Does that server has the same kind of sendmail address and does it have to be changed in the script.

I understand what needs to be done on UNIX but am very confused about Windows 2000.

Maybe there is a better way to do what I am trying to do.
The users will be submitting financial information that will need to be encrypted and protected to be able to reach the e-mail destination.

I would appreciate any information you can share with me. I have been working on this for 3 days steady and am completely exasperated. Very little help available through my hosting provider. They don't seem to be able to answer the questions very well.

one piece that may help your puzzle is the FAQ area of the cgi forum here. goBoating wrote a pretty decent little help page there to help you get started using cgi's.

it is possible to set up cgi's on a win2000 box, however matt's formmail script may use sendmail or some other unix specific application to control the actual mailing of things (sorry, i'm not sure on the specifics of his script). you'll have to look at the script to find out how it's mailing things. look for a line like:[tt]
open MAIL, &quot;| sendmail ...&quot;;[/tt]
and see if he uses sendmail (it won't look exactly like that). if this isn't the case, it probly has to do with the setup and configuration of the webserver you're using, and, sorry, i'm win2000 clueless.

good luck,
stillflame &quot;If you think you're too small to make a difference, try spending a night in a closed tent with a mosquito.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back