Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing SCO UNIX 5.0.5 on a SCSI Disk that is not raided

Status
Not open for further replies.

UzomaOk

Technical User
Nov 15, 2005
NG
Can any body help me? I normally install sco unix 5.0.5 on an IBM server (netfinity 5500) that is on RAID 0 using the command "restart link=ipsraid Srom=wd(0,0,0,0)" at the boot prompt. My problem is that i need to install it on a server that is not RAIDed ( no RAID installed on it) but has a SCSI disk of size 75GB. what command do i type at the prompt to start the installation.
Pls help urgently.

OSR 5.0.5 is a very old product, don't sure it'll support a 75GB disk.
Which SCSI adapter in this server ? No BTLD stuff ? No manual ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

5.0.5 supports upto 128 GB in case of ide. i am sure it will support same size in scsi also. See TA 118463.

As far as i know NETFINITY used 7800 series SCSI on board apater - driver alad325. Try that driver or get it from IBM site if their Driver CD (that comes with system is not available).

regds
[pipe]
sys_fact

Based on above, at boot:
defbootstr ha=alad325

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back