Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing scanner through a scanport card

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmurfyUK

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
GB
I have a opticpro 9630p scanner which has an isa scanport card. I lost the original disk years ago which had the a file called epinst-e on it. That would install the scanport for me.

About a year ago I managed to find a little piece of software on the net called epinst32.exe which I would double click on, the computer then rebooted and hey presto it saw it.

My disk got corrupted yesterday while using partition magic and although I managed to recover the file it is corrupted :(
I can not find this piece of software anyware now on the net, can anyone advise where I can get it from or something simular that will do the same job?

I wrote to plustek support years ago when I lost the orginal disk, they never replied. :(

Mustek tend to a "one driver suits all" type driver if you can't find the driver on their site then let us know.

---------------
Johnodq
---------------
Please let me know if the advice I give is of help.
Feedback will benefit all

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Have you tried this driver:
It worked for some people, caused problems with others. You didn't say what operating system.

username:drivers
Password: all

Do a Google search on "opticpro 9630p ". There was quite a bit of info. Jim

Please come back and let us know if your
problem is fixed and what fixed it!! [thumbsup2]

Thanks for the addresses guys but alas they were only the drivers for the scanner itself and I still couldnt get the scanport card to be reconised.
After extensive searching I found I am not the only one with this problem. Its a shame plustek dont include it in their main driver download.

Anyway I managed to find it here Its the epinstall32 file that you need to make your comp see the card.

It says for 95/98 op systems but I run win 2k and it works fine.

Thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back