Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Samsung ML-1015 under W98SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayee

Technical User
May 27, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am hoping you might be able to help me quicker than Samsung are - they say they're going to come back to me sometime with what's wrong, but I'm not holding my breath !!

When I plug the printer in, Windows installs the USB drivers fine, but when I try to install the software it gets to 100% (nearly completed) and then stops with an error about Port not recognised, quitting the Setup and thus doing nothing.

I have tried doing the install a number of times in different ways (installing software before pluggiing in, for example), but to no avail.

I'm having to install on a new PC because the one it was set up on has broken, and I'm getting very frustrated with this because it's a printer which is shared with a few colleagues in the office, so no-one can print. I've tried on another PC, but get the same problem.

I do hope you can shed some light on the problem.

Regards,
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back