Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Root Certificate Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
Hi

I am just starting to go through these and so far have been able to update one vMiVb with no issues but falling over at my first attempt on a 3300 controller despite thoroughly going through the Mitel document Root Certificate Update Procedures for Pre-MIVB 9.0 so any assistance is appreciated.

3300 MXe 111 on MiVb 8 SP 3

I have been able to FTP via FileZilla the rootCert2040_ppc to the /sysro folder of the 3300 ICP system in Binary mode and I can see it’s there.

When I Putty to RTC Shell and log in I am unable to install the cert.

ld </sysro/rootCert2040_ppc results in the following.

Shell restarted
-> ld </sysro/rootCert2040_ppc
ld </sysro/rootCert2040_ppc
can't open input '/sysro/rootCert2040_ppc'
errno = 0x380003

Be sure you installed the patch in the SYSRO directory. The error you received simply says that the file you requested is not in the proper location.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

I had this issue when I did not set Filezilla to send in Binary

How sure are you that it was set to Binary?

Thank you both

Pretty sure the file is in /sysro and in binary. In fact when trying to FTP the file again FileZilla indicated it was already in the /sysro folder and let me over right it but still failed to install via RTC.

I downloaded the file again and again removed the .txt did the FTP transfer once more over righting the existing file and was then able to install the file via RTC ?

Not really sure what the issue was perhaps my first file download was corrupted in some way or as KwbMitel suggests I neglected to set the FTP transfer in binary but all good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back