Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing PPES 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

comsys

Programmer
Nov 7, 2003
US
Hello All,

I have a question, hope someone could help me out to clarify my doubts.

In order to install PPES or to install IWR server on Windows, Do we need to have domain? If so, Do we need DNS or Windows PDC?

Thanks

I would say that if you have everything in the same server (web server , PPES and/or IWR) you don't need to have a domain.

If you want to have a domain , then you need for sure to have a PDC ( Primary domain controler)

If PPES or IWR needs to be installed we have to have Netscape directory server, thats for sure though we istall everything in one box(IIS,PPES or IWR server). Am I right? We do not need to have Active directory services in Windows to install PPES or IWR server, Please confirm.

Thanks

Active Directory and Netscape Directory Server (iPlanet for Cognos 71) are used for the Cognos security (Access Manager), so you need one of these , not both, to be able to run Cognos PPES and IWR in a secured way.

I would say that even without domain, you can split the installation across several servers. You only need to have a workgroup and same Windows Account starting the services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back