Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing PostScript Driver in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

designbr

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
US
I was trying to install the PSDriver from my cd but it stops with a message telling that the Microsoft Logo doesn't consist with the Microsoft requirements(something like this...). I was afraid to continue because the same message tell that I could damage files and programs if I continue. I am having a problem when I try to choose fonts because most of them appear as missing fonts and I have them in my fonts folder. What I have to do in order to start working and choose the rights fonts?

So you have two separate problems. Installing your PS driver and using fonts.

For the first problem - what sort of printer? Have you checked the manufacturer's website to ensure you have the most up-to-date driver?

For the second problem - How many fonts do you have in your Windows>Fonts folder? Are you using any sort of font manager? PM in particular has a problem when too many fonts are active. A font manager will allow you to switch between 'activating' and 'deactivating' fonts so that no more than around 150 are active - and available for use - at any one time. You do not need to delete the extra fonts or even store them elsewhere on your computer. If you have several 100 fonts active, PM will experience problems seeing them.

Post back with some answers and we may be able to help further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back