Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing plogger photo gallery directly onto a certain page created on a domain 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
the domain here is -

i successfully created a mysql database and even followed these instructions so the installation was error free:

the problem is, that upon successful installation - when you typed the domain into the URL bar - it took you to the respective plogger admin log in page.

thats not right.

I have a page called gallery.htm in that domain

i want the plogger gallery to appear there.

there is a gallery url option in the admin section of plogger , and i changed the url but it appears it requires you to have the gallery installed in a sub-directory inside that domain.

by default i think its creating 'bsplumbandelectric' inside the domain itself.

i.e bsplumbandelectric.co.uk/bsplumbandelectric/

thats not right

anybody know how to install this correctly ?

reason i posted this here is because its a php powered gallery and also , rule of thumb, if ppl know php they are most probably experts at configuring domains and urls lol

i hope so.

any advice, tips, hints, solutions welcomed.

thanks.

i think that plogger url would need to be domain.com/{plogger} where that last bit was whatever you wanted. I don't see how you can have it integrated into an html page.

but you could probably have it integrated into an arbitrary php page. eg

Code:
<?php require_once "/path/to/gallery.php"; ?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<title>arbitrary</title>
<meta charset="utf-8"/>
<?php the_gallery_head(); ?>
</head>
<body>
<?php the_gallery(); ?>
</body>
</html>

but I have never tried it so can't be sure.

the other way (that should be failsafe) is to rewrite (internally) the gallery.html page to domain.com/plogger using htrewrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back