Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing pcAnywhere and McAfee Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I currently have McAfee Remote Desktop installed in my NT workstation 4.0 to administer our development server remotely. As the no. of my responsibilities increase, I was also given the task to administer another server remotely which has pcAnywhere installed.Unfortunately when I attempted to install pcAnywhere 9.2, it advised me to uninstall Remote Desktop which I can't because I needed it for the other servers. When I chose to continue with the setup and ignored the message, it simply stops with the installation.

Is there any way to have both McAfee Remote Desktop and pcAnywhere installed on the same workstation? Does anyone have this type of configuration working?

A few years ago we had a similar problem when running NT 3.51. We had to install a second modem so that one Service RAS would have a modem and PC Anywhere would have a modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back