Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Packages of Components 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrabbithanna

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
US
Today I downloaded a package of components, build them, and installed them by using the InstallPackage menuitem. They seem to have installed correctly

Here's the problem. When I add one of these components a include line is automatically created which includes the .hpp file for the component. The compiler can't find the header. How do I edit the include path to include the .hpp files for these components?

A sort of workaround is to copy the .hpp files into /include/vcl. But I'd prefer to keep the 3rd party files organized and seperate.

I know this is a newbie question but its been several years since I've programmed and I've started a medium database program so I have to catch up.

Thanks

How i did w/ BCB6:
First of all, close all files (Files->Close All) but keep BCB6 running.
Then: Tools->Enviroment Options...->Library.
Add to the end of 'Library Path' the path of your components BIN files, separate each path with a ';'.

Hit the 'OK' button and just to be sure exit BCB6, this last step might be innessecary but why not.

Now it should be all.

This works for me at least.

Totte
Keep making it perfect and it will end up broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back