Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing old Winframe product into Metaframe farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgaliardo

MIS
Nov 30, 2004
I have a weird question, hopefully you can all follow this. We have a farm running Metaframe XPa. Without going into long boring deatils, here is my question. we came upon an old Winframe product that we never installed. It is the full product, but the reason we are even questioning this is for the connection licenses that we would migrate. My question is, what repercussions will arise from installing the product license onto our current farm? Will it wind up interfering with our current setup.

If anyone has tried anything similar or knows for sure of any problems that can happen, I'd like to hear from you. If there is the slightest chance of any problem, I am just not going to attempt this.

Thanks.

Pgaliardo,

I have one customer that still has a WinFrame server on-line but it cannot be part of their farm. The only reason they have it is due to a custom application that does not seam to run anywhere else.

If the only reason you want to bring the WinFrame server into the farm is to migrate the licenses to XP, then I would recommend that you don’t. You would need to contact a Reseller or Citrix to see if the licenses you have can be upgraded and what the cost would be.

Justyn

Justyn Worrell
MCP, MCSE, MCT, CCA, CCEA, CCI
SCSA, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, AANG-UP

Thanks for that Justyn. I was kind of leaning that way. I really don't want to mess with our current setup.

You will need to go into myCitrix.com and fulfill the licenses, you will probably have to by an upgrade and then activate the licenses etc.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back