Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Office 2010 via GPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRogueWolf

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2007
GB
I've been struggling with this for the last few days so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I'm trying to install MS Office 2010 on user's machines using Group Policy. I have read all the MS literature and so far have the following:

* A network install location (\\server\share\office2010) which is accessible to all users on the network
* A GPO applied to a test OU which runs a startup batch file (CacheOffice2010.bat) to copy the installation files to the user's machine prior to install (using the <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> option).
* A second GPO applied to the same OU (after the caching is complete) which runs another batch file (InstallOffice2010.bat) to install Office from the local cache.

The caching GPO works correctly, creating C:\MSOCache on the target machine.

The second GPO, however, doesn't appear to be working.

I have run CacheOffice2010.bat manually (as administrator) on the target machine and it works so the batch file doesn't appear to be at fault.

I have temporarily replaced the contents of CacheOffice2010.bat so that it just creates a folder at the root of C: to check if it's being applied and this works.

Could anyone offer any suggestions please?

Update:

I have also tried changing CacheOffice2010.bat to use the network install point instead of the local cache; still no joy.

My apologies, it is InstallOffice2010.bat that is not working via the GPO, not CacheOffice2010.bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back