Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing NW 6.1.1 on W2K SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lom

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am trying to install Networker v6.1.1 on a W2K SP3 system.

I run the installer package on and I see the following messages on the installer banner "starting services, registering product, removing backup files, rolling back action"

In the event Log I see that MsiInstaller gives the message that installation was successful but there is a Networker message saying "The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Networker ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: NetWorker Remote Exec Service has stopped."

Has anyone ever come across this before ?

No, but check that the system account can access the drive you are installing on and the system drive (if different).

Alternatively, check that administrators@computer can access the drive(s) and that the user you are logged into is in this group.

Make sure that you are installing from the local machine. I received a similar error when trying to install networker from a network share. Copy all the installations files onto the local hard drive and try to install from there

Yes, I have been trying to install the files locally but still no luck

Can it be that you had an earlier NW version installed that
has not been removed properly?

If so, look whether there are Legato/NetWorker entries in
the registry and remove them. Then restart the server and
try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back