Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing Nortel Fax Driver only

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
Hello: Can someone tell me if it is possible to install the Nortel fax driver only, without installing Callpilot on users desktops. My scenario is - Faxes are sent to a CallPilot mailbox and that mailbox has a message forwarding rule to an internal email address, which 4 or 5 users have access to via Outlook. They choose the fax to deal with and then fax back out. As far as I can tell, these users need callPilot desktop messaging to enable faxing out (which works perfectly by the way) but the password issue is getting in the way every 3 months. It has to be changed on every CallPilot desktop.
All these users only need the ability to fax out. Call Pilot is not used by them for anything else.

I am running CallPilot 5.0

Thanks in advance

You should be able to change the password expire time in the class of sevice for the mailbox that the fax are in. The default value is 90 days you can set it to never expire by changing the value to 0.

To Mitnorpbx: Is this not a global setting for all mailboxes? I am not allowed to do that per our security policies. However if I can do this change on a per mailbox then please let me know where I can set this. I just looked in CallPilot and did not see any spot to make this change.

Thanks for the post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back