Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Nfuse classic on Metaframe 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

max7600

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
GB
Hello everybody, I am in a bit of a pickle, I have a tight deadline to get my citrix net enabled with NFuse Classic but am unable to find any clear instruction for installing Nfuse on a Metaframe 1.8 for Windows 2K server.

I have gone through the Nfuse administration guide but it all refer to Metafram XP and I feel it is missing or unclear on a few things.

Does anyone out there have any type of documentation that might help me get Nfuse up and running quickly.

cheers

I believe that NFuse Classic won't run on MF 1.8, you should use NFuse 1.6 (or was it 1.7?)

You can probably get instructions from cramsession (study guide for the CCEA exam on NFuse) if you're prepared to suffer the marketing that they email you...

BTW.
It is not recommanded have Metaframe,IIS and Nfuse installed on the same box. Idealy you should have IIS and NFuse installed on a different server.

NFuse Classic installation is quite straight forward. Unfortunately, it installs its self in the default web site by default which is ok but not extremely secure. Citrix has a procedure to move it elsewhere, but then this procedure requires a fix which is also provided by Citrix (had this issue 2 weeks ago)...

Unfortunately I don't have a documented procedure to provide.

Hope this was helpful

Thanks it answer a few questions. I have now installed it but am not sure if it is working properly or not. I have not been able to log on to configure it. I am sure I am missing something very simple unfortunately the Citrix site is not very forthcoming with answers.

when I type in the address I get server cannot be contacted? any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back