Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing new Background Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteeler

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello All,

I have a CM 8.6, I've uploaded some new background images to the phones and it seems to be hit and miss on which phones get the new images. I have 7945's (95%) and 7965's (5%) and some of the 65's have the new images and some of the 45's have the new images... so I don't think it's a phone model issue.

Could it be firmware? can I update the firmware per phone and if so how do I do that?

On a different issue... where to I change the time for when the phones come out of sleep mode? Thanks much.

'Sleep mode" can be controlled (Globally - all phones) via "System" settings under "Enterprise Phone Configuration"

Individually (instrument-by-instrument) in the initial device screen scroll down to below the question mark in the middle of the screen. Find the settings there under "Product Specific Configuration Layout"

Background images: Each model of phone requires its own library of image files. I've not seen the issue you're having. However, if you have some phones of the same model (ie, 7945) picking up the images and other phones (also 7945) not finding them then you may have to force a RESET. If still no joy then I'd try reloading the set firmware of those sets that aren't finding the new file(s) - (Try one) i.e., pull the ethernet connection then plug it back in while holding down the # key. When the line buttons start to flash like railroad crossing lights then release the # key and key in the following sequence: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-*-0-# then sit back, light up a cigar then watch & wait.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Thanks for the info.

I tried a reset the other day and that did not work. I just did the firmware upgrade on a 7945 that did not receive the new background images and it still doesn't see them. So I reloaded the TFTP, reset the phone one more time and nothing.

It's a mystery to me why some (7945's and 7965") have the images and other do not. The ones that don't, it just says "Selection Unavailable".

Do you have more than one TFTP server? To be clear is one or all your subs set as TFTP servers as well?

Yes, we have two TFTP servers. Reloaded both of them

Are the images loaded both servers? It's a manual process, TFTP does not duplicate from publisher to subscriber

BINGO!! I was only putting them on one and not the other, but I was reloading the TFTP on both. It worked. Thank a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back