Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Netshield & Virus scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliotm

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
GB
Two questions!

In a test environment I have installed ePO 3.0.2 - From this I have added both virus scan and netshield into the repository. If I go the test domain look at the group view - Tasks - Settings I can only see Virusscan enterprise as an available piece of software. How can I get the Netshield (and in the future Groupshield and webshield) to be listed in the top?

Next Question!
After installing W2k the first five worked well. Under the properties for the next PC it has Virus scan 4.51 rather than Virusscan7100. All PC's are in the same group which inherits all settings. ALl PCs are the same OS and service packs. From the actual PC it does seem to have the correct installation and from the reports it states the correct engine and dat.

ANy help would be much appreciated!

I had the same issue with Netshield. What I did was install Netshield through the setup program of Netshield. It gives you the option to send the software to your various Netware servers. I opened a call with Network Associates, and they never got back to me, so found that this method works well.

Also I had this issue with incorrect details reporting back. Try sending an agent wake up call and then refreshing ePO. This will then report back the correct information. Also try deleteing the PC from the repository (Dont uninstall the agent though), then when it reports back to the ePO server it should then pull down the correct system information.

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back